Published Nov 07, 2019After cryptic teasers and surprise flower deliveries, Drake has confirmed that he is getting into the cannabis industry.
The Toronto rapper has teamed up with Canopy Growth, which produces cannabis near Scarborough, ON. The joint venture (pun intended), dubbed More Life Growth Co., will produce and distribute fully licensed cannabis products.
Drake has a 60 percent stake in the subsidiary company, while Canopy owns the remaining 40 percent.
A statement from Drake and Canopy explains that the new venture is focused on "wellness, discovery and overall personal growth."
Drake himself added, "The opportunity to partner with a world-class company like Canopy Growth on a global scale is really exciting. The idea of being able to build something special in an industry that is ever growing has been inspiring. More Life and More Blessing."
According to the company's trademark application, More Life plans to sell cannabis, dried plants, herb teas and clothing products.
Documents obtained by TMZ claim that the company could produce marijuana-related products like vapes, pipes, rolling papers and hookahs, as well as merch like More Life Growth shirts, boots, coats, dresses, gloves, hats, hoodies, jackets, jeans, sweats, shorts, sneakers and lingerie.
Canopy is no stranger to striking partnerships with celebrities. Earlier this year, Martha Stewart paired up with the company to develop a line of weed products for humans and pets, while Snoop Dogg partnered with Canopy for a joint venture called Tweed.